Super Shorts Workshop 10+
Make your own super shorts! This class is suitable for students who have attended a Sew with Jo class before.
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop:
- Review of sewing machine basics (threading the sewing machine, winding a bobbin, inserting a bobbin)
- How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
- How to read a commercial pattern (pattern is included in class fee)
- How to pin on a pattern and cut out fabric
- Sewing seams and sewing curved seams
- Finishing seams
- Basic pressing
- Making a casing and inserting elastic
Students will need to bring:
-1.2 metres of cotton woven fabric (Please avoid fabric that requires pattern matching e.g. stripes, chevrons, obvious diagonals etc)
-matching thread (Gutermann or Mettler brand – 100m reel)
Sew with Jo will provide Simpicity 1575 pattern, elastic and all other equipment needed to complete the project (notions and use of sewing machine)
Class sizes are limited to 5 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
A snack and drink is provided.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
When: Monday 8th January 2018 12:30pm -4:30pm
Duration: 4 hours
Tutor: Joanne Auton