Simple Skirts Workshop 10+years
Make your own skirt! This class is excellent for sewers who have used a sewing machine before or attended a Sew with Jo class before.
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop:
– Review of sewing machine basics (threading the sewing machine, winding a bobbin, inserting a bobbin)
– How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
– How to read a commercial pattern (pattern is included in class fee)
– How to pin on a pattern and cut out fabric
– Sewing seams
– Finishing seams
– Basic pressing
– Making a casing and inserting elastic
– How to make a hem.
Students will need to bring:
-1.2 metres of cotton woven fabric -please avoid heavy fabrics (e.g. denim or corduroy ) and fabrics that require pattern matching (e.g. checks, chevrons or fabrics with pre-printed panels along the edge etc)
-matching thread (Gutermann or Mettler brand – 100m reel)
Sew with Jo will provide Simpicity 2576 pattern, elastic and all other equipment needed to complete the project (notions and use of sewing machine)
Class sizes are limited to 5 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
A snack and drink is provided.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
If students have no previous sewing experience, they need to complete the “Comfy Cushions” or “Pretty Pillowcases” workshop first before attending this workshop.
Duration: 3.5 hours
When: Monday 9th April 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Tutor: Joanne Auton