Jumbo Pencil Case – For children 10+ years
Make your own jumbo pencil case for back to school! This fully lined pencil case is super roomy and can even fit a 30cm ruler in. This class is excellent for beginner sewers – no previous experience necessary!
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop:
– Threading the sewing machine, winding a bobbin, inserting a bobbin
– How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
– How to read a basic pattern
– How to pin on a pattern and cut out fabric
– How to turn out corner
– Using stabiliser
-How to insert a zipper
-How to line a pencil case
– Basic pressing
Students will need to bring:
– .3 metre (30cm) of cotton woven fabric for the outside of the pencil case (must be the full width of the fabric – no fat quarters or fat flats please
-.3 metre (30cm) of cotton woven fabric for the inside of the pencil case (must be the full width of the fabric – no fat quarters or fat flats please)
-46cm (18″) birch dress zip that coordinates with the outside fabric. You need this one in your chosen colour:
-matching thread (Gutermann or Mettler brand – 100m reel) or you can use white thread supplied here at Sew with Jo
Sew with Jo will provide the stabiliser, pattern and all other equipment needed to complete the project (notions and use of sewing machine)
Class sizes are limited to 4 or 5 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
A snack and drink is provided.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
Duration: 3 hours
When: Wednesday 10th January 2018 9am -12pm
Tutor: Joanne Auton
To book or for further information please phone Jo on 0409072609 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org