Beautiful Bunting Workshop 10+ years
Make your own beautiful bunting to decorate your room – this bunting is also great for a party decoration. This class is for students who have attended a Sew with Jo workshop previously.
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop
- Threading the sewing machine, winding a bobbin, inserting a bobbin
- How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
- How to read a pattern
- How to pin on a pattern and cut out fabric
- How to turn out corners
- pinning techniques
- Basic pressing
- How to attach bias binding
Students will need to bring:
- .3 metre (30cm) of cotton fabric of 3 different prints * Please note that if you are using on one way fabric, you will need 60cm of that print (no fat quarters or fat flats please – fabric needs to be the full width)
- Matching thread (Gutterman or Mettler brand – 100m reel) or you can use white supplied here at Sew with Jo studio.
Sew with Jo will provide the bias binding (4 colours available – white, black, grey and hot pink) pattern and all other equipment needed to complete the project (notions and use of sewing machine)
Class sizes are limited to 5 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
A snack and drink is provided.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
Duration: 4 hours
When: Friday 12th January 2018 9am -1pm or
Friday 12th January 2018 1:30pm -5:30pm
Tutor: Joanne Auton