Term 1, 2018 – Travel Buddies
Choose your timeslot:
- Saturdays 3rd February, 10th February, 17th February, 24th February 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Saturdays 3rd February, 10th February, 17th February, 24th February – 3pm – 5pm
- Sundays 4th February, 11th February, 18th February, 25th February 12:30pm – 2:30pm
The focus for Term 1, 2018 is travel buddies where we will be learning how to use a variety of different mediums in our sewing such as mesh, sew in foam and felt. We will also continue to expand our zipper and applique skills and learn binding techniques.
We will be making :
- A large multi-purpose zipper pouch using a tutorial from Noodlehead
- A Bear Pyjama Bag using a pattern from Sew Along
- A very useful mesh bag using a tutorial from So Sew Easy.
Please bring along the following fabric for the Bear Pyjama Bag and the Mesh Bag to the Sew with Jo studio no later than Week 3 of Term 4 (28th/29th October).
-50cm of cotton fabric (needs to be the full width of the fabric – no fat quarters please) for the background of the bear
-60 cm of cotton fabric (needs to be the full width of the fabric – no fat quarters please) for the bears ears, muzzle, hanging tie. This fabric is also used as the feature fabric on the mesh bag.
Sew with Jo will supply all other materials for the projects including the fabric for the large multi-purpose zipper pouch, foam and pellon interfacing, mesh, zippers, thread, lining fabric for the Bear Pyjama Bag and Sew Along Pj Pal Pyjama Case Pattern.
The cost of the 4 week block is $145.
Please note this block class is for students who have previously attended a Sew with Jo class and places are limited.