Pretty Pillowcases Workshop 10+ years
Make your own pillowcase to use at home. This class is excellent for beginner sewers – no previous experience necessary!
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop
- Threading the sewing machine, winding a bobbin, inserting a bobbin
- How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
- How to neaten seams
- How to read a pattern
- How to pivot on the machine
- How to pin on a pattern and cut out fabric
- How to turn out corners
- Basic pressing
- How to attach a decorative band
Students will need to bring:
– .8 metre (80cm) of cotton woven fabric (main part of pillowcase)
– .4 metre (40cm) of cotton woven fabric (contrast band part of pillowcase)
- Please note that non- directional fabric works best for this project (i.e.. an all over pattern that can go any way – upside down, sideways etc) due to the nature of this pattern. Please keep this in mind when purchasing your fabric.
-matching thread (Gutterman or Mettler brand – 100m reel)
Sew with Jo will provide the pattern and all other equipment needed to complete the project (notions and use of sewing machine)
Class sizes are limited to 4 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
A snack and drink is provided.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
When: Monday 8th January 2018 9am -11:30am
Duration: 2.5 hours
Tutor: Joanne Auton