Backpack Day Class for students 10+years
Stay all day and make a great backpack! This class is suitable for students who have attended a Sew with Jo class previously.
Using Simplicity pattern 8037 (supplied) students will make a fabulous drawstring backpack.
Students will learn the following skills in this workshop:
- How to stitch a seam and fasten off (use of reverse lever)
- How to use iron on stabliser (pellon)
- How to make straps
- How to attach velcro
- How to make a large zipper pocket
- How to make a flap
- How to use straight stich to make darts and lining
- How to turn out corners
- How to make a casing and thread cord through
- How to make and attach
- How to line a bag
Class sizes are limited to 5 so students benefit from personalised tuition.
Morning tea and afternoon tea is provided. Students need to bring their own lunch.
As the fabric is pre-cut for this class, students need to supply the following fabric amounts to Sew with Jo studio by Saturday November 11th, 2017.
Classes are held at Sew with Jo studio – Wellington Point.
When: Tuesday 9th January 9am-5pm
Duration: 8 hours
Tutor: Joanne Auton